Arsenal make £49.5 million profits
The headline figure from Arsenal's six-monthly announcement today was that group profit was £49.5 million before tax; more information here. Other bullet points highlighted by the Club:
* Profits on sale of players amounted to £63.0 million
* £74.7 million of investment in new players and extended contracts pushed amortisation charges up to £17.3 million
* Turnover from football rose to £113.5 million with increases from match-day and commercial income
* Operating profits from football (before depreciation and player trading)increased to £15.2 million
* Group has no short-term debt and has cash reserves of £115.2 million
Various supporters sites highlight views and analysis on financial matters, we will include linkson this page, as the results are digested.